Flooding and Flood Risk About The NFIP Residential Coverage Commercial Coverage Preparation & Recovery   Flooding and Flood Risks Overview


What to Expect

Congress mandated federally regulated or insured lenders to require flood insurance on properties that are located in areas at high risk of flooding.

Below you’ll find the insurance requirements for your flood risk area. If you’re not sure which area your property is in, take your Risk Profile to learn more.

Residents of High-Risk Areas
Homes and buildings in high-risk flood areas with mortgages from federally regulated or insured lenders are required to have flood insurance. These areas have a 1% or greater chance of flooding in any given year, which is equivalent to a 26% chance of flooding during a 30-year mortgage.

Residents of Moderate-to-Low Risk Areas
Homes and businesses located in moderate-to-low risk areas that have mortgages from federally regulated or insured lenders are typically not required to have flood insurance. However, flood insurance is highly recommended because 25% of all flood claims occur in moderate-to-low risk flood areas.

A lender can require flood insurance, even if it is not federally required.

How NFIP is Making Communities Safer >>

Learn your risk, and find an agent, by taking Your Risk Profile.



 Coastline Insurance Agency Inc.
 1201 New Jersey Avenue
 North Wildwood, New Jersey 08260
Phone: 609-522-4515  
Fax: 609-522-9174  

Designed by ComputerSlime.com